Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sanity Regained

Monday the 12th of May is a day to remember, it is the day that I had my first paid day of work since having Beth. I relieved at Wainuioru School which is a small three teacher rural school about 20km? out of Masterton. What a lovely way to start back! I taught the juniors (5 and 6 year olds) for the day, a gorgeous class of 15 students. It was so nice planning the day and dressing in clothes with no baby drool on them....I felt like a grown up again, though I almost went to school in my slippers, luckily Dave pointed them out to me as I was getting in the car! It was even nicer leaving at the end of the day knowing I was going home to my little girl with no marking or planning work to do!!
This week I was lucky to be rung again to relieve in the same class and I must say roaring off through the rolling countryside in the VW on a fine, misty, Wednesday morning, it felt great to be alive!

No comments: