Thursday, January 3, 2008

Home Executive?

There are benefits to living in a small town.....house prices are lower, you can always get a car park, there are no traffic jams, cycling doesn't involve taking your life into your own hands and when you go for walks to get some fresh air....you really do!!
Don't get me wrong there are disadvantages, less people to hang out with, not so many options for extra curricular activities/classes for adults and not to mention the six finger and inbreeding jokes you have to endure.
I've recently become a 'home executive', what is with that by the way? There is nothing executive about the position? I don't wear heels and a suit to work, carry my coffee in its little trendy take away cup, covered with some gross advert outlining the benefits of drinking copeous amounts of the tarry stinky syrup! Nor do I have a plastic see through file under my arm full of incredibly important documents which I have spent the early hours meticulously checking whilst drinking my tarry stinky syrup!?!
I'm an at home mum, I spend most of my day wearing comfy clothing and looking particularly unglamorous. I drink water...it's free, good for you and won't burn the baby. I try to read a good novel, do the sudoku and crosswords to keep my brain functioning. I've given up a well paying job to take on this new role which involves puke, nappies and drool......hmmmm.

3 comments:

Bramwell said...

well well well - go sister! Have you seen kimpy's blog? kimberleyrothwell.blogspot.com

it's all go in the blogosphere x

Nicki Natter said...

Yep it's great! Love your one too, looking forward to hearing more about the challenges.

See you when we get back from Hols! X

Special K said...

Hey there fellow home exec,
I am in the final 'waiting it out' weeks, and its been all go cooking freezer meals and doing stuff like making a will and getting a haircut. I'm trying to enjoy the last few weeks of alone time but boy, I just want my baby now...
K