Monday, March 3, 2008

Innocence


This morning as I was watching my daughter play, I started thinking about the beauty of her innocence. As far as she is concerned the world is a wonderful place that consists of boobs, toys, mum, dad, grandparents and people who give her loads of cuddles.


My protective instinct is well in place as my heart breaks with the thought of her getting emotionally or physically hurt. I guess the biggest thing to learn as a new parent is to step back and let her learn by her mistakes but to always be there to guide her, teach her good values and give her plenty of opportunities to discover the world and everything in it.

If all babies had this kind of start in life would that mean that there would not be evil people in the world? Or do bad people turn out to be bad anyway, despite being brought up with loads of love?

5 comments:

Ali said...

Yeah Nix, good on yah. I'll have to give you my blog address.

Love and hugs
Ali

Nomadic Emma said...

Don't forget about the auntie on the other side of the world sending lots of cuddles too...

Can't wait to help show her the world. x

Nicki Natter said...

Ezi!! Have you been receiving my emails? Would love to hear from you.

Nomadic Emma said...

Hello! Soooo sorry I have been terribly slack but stupid Sky cut off our broadband by accident and it has been a nightmare to get it connected again. AND my work has decided to block yahoo (still have access to blogs... at the moment), so my time on the internet is restricted to squeezing myself into the cheap Clapham internet 'cafe' (more like a hovel) between the 12 year olds playing shoot 'em games and schizophrenic men telling the entire room about their high school fantasties of 20 years ago. Honest! Soooo.... I did get your e mail and I will send you a very long, detailed and loving reply just as soon as all the planets align and broadband walks back into 11 Langham House's life!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gerli said...

Dear Mickey,or should i call you Nicky Natter now?:)
Read your blogs today,my god you're one talented woman! I've always known that though. And yes seems like you do have too much time on your hands, although i dont know how you do it with the baby. I was home for a summer and had to babysit my nephew,well got nothing done, except feed and change the baby....Am not an efficient mother material i guess, i'm definetly lacking skills in time management:)
Love